Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Update post

Last week we started to learn to sew buttons and something called "hilvanar". It's basically holding two pieces of fabric together with a simple hand stitch that will be removed once the garment is stitched together properly with the machine. The buttons were by far my favorite part; it was difficult at first and I was tempted to get frustrated, pero seguí practicando y empezó a quedar muucho mejor, even mom was impressed with the progress. 

I've been turning one of the room's at my house into a workroom and that has been pretty fun and it's actually coming along! I got a pretty cool chalk board on sale and my dad put it up for me during the weekend. I already have the towel rod I had written about earlier and it is waiting patiently for my dad to put it up. Why don't I just do it, you ask? Because I know better than to try my hand at a drill; I'd freak out from the noise and end with no door and my dad would have a conniption (google that!). So, my handy woman skills are practically nonexistent, but hey! I can sew a pretty good button!! :)  

Bueno, that's it for now. I leave you with a collage of my week. Enjoy!

Mucho love,

Jane

P.S Oh! I also made my first stitches (pat on the back) with my sewing machine! Isn't faaancy!?!?

   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment